Osseodensification in immediate implant placement into the interradicular septum and indirect sinus lift in a Maxillary 2nd mola

125 Rating(s).

Posted on By narayan tv In Implants

70 y M, 27 marked for extraction sometime ago.Deferred for completion of implant treatment in 4th quadrant. Ultimately fractured towards completion of 4th quadrant. Patient is absolutely insistent on replacing 27
Immediate implant with internal sinus lift planned. (RBH around 6 mm)
Following extraction,Densah burs used in Osseodensification mode to enlarge the Interradicular septum , internal sinus lift (With Novabone Putty)and implant placement @ >45 NCm of insertion torque.

Pre-op OPG
Post extraction socket

After Osseodensification & expansion of the interradicular septum & internal sinus lift
Radiograph with Densah bur after sinus floor breach

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Osseodensification in immediate implant placement into the interradicular septum and indirect sinus lift in a Maxillary 2nd mola

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

With custom healing abutment

How much lift do you see with this V-Lift?? Curious. great post. regards Mo

Thank you Maurice. I've used these for under a month now. Have done some dramatic looking lifts. So far so good, time will tell.Just a sample of the lifts (Assisted by Novabone Putty)

3mm RBH and 5X10 implant @ 45 NCm
<3 mm RBH, 5X10 implant 35 NCm

Narayan:

Welcome to osseodensification. It seems Nova-Bone is working synergistically well with the Densah burs in your cases. I just would like to emphasise the need to use a lower speed (50-100 RPM) in CCW rotation to propel the Nova-Bone after lifting the membrane. In the case of using a more particulate allograft, a higher propelling speed is needed (200-600 RPM) in CCW rotation.
As a rule, the more particulate the graft is, the more propelling speed is needed.

Thank you for sharing.

Salah

Salah,
It was a pleasure meeting you in FLL. And I'm glad I took your course.I breach with a 3mm at 1200 RPM in OD mode, then push in the putty. All further OD is at 75 RPM without saline. Have also used it with particulate in immediate placement. Its an exciting technology, and I look forward to associating with you when you officially enter the Indian market- I can tell you that the anticipation is bated.
Cheers
Narayan

Salvin
Omnia