Osseodensification. 4-month Re-Entry of a Densah Sinus Lift & Ridge Expansion

122 Rating(s).

Posted on By Salah Huwais In Implants

This is a 4-month follow-up of a previously published case in a video on this forum.
http://forum.dentalxp.com/video/details/densah-sinus-lift-utilizing-osseodensif/5042
The patient is medically stable. He is missing first and second upper left molars. Bone quality was poor in the second molar position (extraction site with remaining root tip) and ridge width was only 5 mm in area of #14. Sinus Pneumatization was evident with sinus floor at 4-6 mm depth.
1- Densah Burs were used to lift the sinus and simultaneously expand the ridge in the area of # 14.
2- An autogenous bone veneer graft was done in area of # 14.
3- Re-entry follow-up at 4 months.
Osseodensification: Simplicity and Versatility.

Initial Ridge pre surgery
Densah Sinus Lift + Ridge Expansion #14

Densah Sinus lift #15
Venner Graft #14 area

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Osseodensification. 4-month Re-Entry of a Densah Sinus Lift & Ridge Expansion

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

15 Comments

Salah outstanding documentation of this case. I love this self explaining images. Well done my friend.
I´ve tryed Densah Burs in cases like this with very good results.
Congratulations.
Jorge

Salah

Very nice result!

The Densah Bur is changing implant dentistry

Emil

Salah my friend, I just did my first case with Densah this morning. I must say, I'm in love :) and I definitely agree that it's a paradigm shift in implant dentistry. Congrats on a beautiful case and documentation :)

Ehab

Ehab:

Welcome to Osseodensification.

Salah

Great case Salah,

Amazing bone regeneration on site 14. Which membrane did you use?

Thanks

Andoni:

Thank you, I use the Cytoplast RTM collagen membrane from Osteogenic. It provides the most predictable outcome in my hands.

Salah

Salah. WOW an Inventor and a Surgeon! Do you feel the timing of the extraction site healing had an impact on your result. GREAT CASE! Chuck

Chuck:
You bring up a great point. With Osseodensification, and due to bone preservation, to wait 3-4 months post extraction to place an implant may not be a must-have. I tend now to re-enter extraction sites at 8-10 weeks post extraction and still able to predictably achieve implant placement with the needed stability. We may need to design a study that looks at the different extraction socket healing times with osseodensification. Maybe placing implants during the socket healing cascade post extraction would produce a predictable outcome in an overall shorter treatment time.

Salah

Salah,
my compliments for the management of the clinical case and for the osseodensification sharing with all of us.
I' d like to ask you about the possible mechanism of sinus lifting: do you have any explanation for the way drill works on that area?
Thanks.
Armando

Armando:

There are several design elements in both the tip as well as the flutes of the DB that allow a predictable sinus lift with autogenous bone deposit.

1- The DB tip is not an end-cutting tip in reverse rotation.
2- DB flutes are designed, when DB is rotated in reverse at 1000-1500 RPM, to produce a hydrodynamic compression wave, which consists of water irrigation and bone slush. This wave will lift the membrane ahead of the bur tip. I will share the details of this at the JTI meeting in April.

You can review it at the minute 4:34 in the video in the link below.
http://versah.com/versah-a-new-paradigm-in-implant-osteotomy-preperation/

Salah

My compliments to the chef. An outstanding case and an outstanding result. Well done.

Salah,

Nice work- great to meet you- sorry not more time together- where will you be next?

ODT is impressive- I am impressed by a small detail in the case- the incision design and palacci-like papilla- creation technique- small wonders

Have you done ODT on immed load case -say "all on something"? You prob have posted

cheers

Richard

Richard:

I have done numerous immediate load and immediate professionalization with ODT with single and multiple implants cases. I personally do not do all-on-4 cases due to my patients demographics. Jack Krauser has shown next-day full loading of all-on-4 at the DentalXP meeting. I am also aware that many Densah Bur users in the US do utilize ODT for all-on-"something" cases.

As you know, it is in the protocol to try to achieve ITV≥45ncm to optimize all-on-4 case for immediate loading.
Osseodensification has shown in biomechanical and histological studies and clinical case series to predictably produce such needed stability.

Salah

Salah,

Thanks - I ve done the immed load and prov on single and multiple- but haven't used in All on four yet- waiting on my second set of burs!

RJM

Richard:

Thank you for your support. I will be at the AO next week. I hope to see you so we can have some good time to meet.

Salah

Ritter
360 Imaging