Open Gum After 1 week!

155 Rating(s).

Posted on By Rafael Molina In Bone Grafting

Good morning everyone in Dental XP, I need help from the most experienced, this patient opened the wound 2 times, and I made implants with bone graft with A-PRF, A-PRF Liquid, I-PRF, Bone and membranes of pericardium, the technique of Tissue Brush, apical sutures was used, and it came to me that way, the only thing that I tried after a week was to suture again with nylon thread, what could happen? I never happened to why I ask for your help.

Thank you very much in advance

Greetings to all.

Open wound
Close with nylon 5.0

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Open Gum After 1 week!

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

I have seen this before with high muscle attachments especially in the mandible, genioglossus and mentalis strain on flaps. Would irrigate and place PRF fibrin and attempt new closing sutures with PTFE and maintain on antibiotics. Good luck and keep us posted. Dr. Salama

Thanks Dr. Maurice Salama!! I will put the result!! Regards

Horizontal mattress sutures 6-7mm above margins of flap before suturing the margins themselves also help at preventing muscle pull from opening the flap.

Thanks i will do too, if i need when i check the patient again!! regards!!

PET Kit
Hu-Friedy