Occlusal rehap with composite, all zirconia single crowns and screw retained posterior implants

35 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jeffrey Sims In Occlusion

This 50+ year old female had a loose three unit upper right bridge that she wanted me to recement. It turned out to be a fractured-decayed abutment that could not be predictably restored. I made her a provisional 4 unit bridge and began to evaluate her entire mouth. She also asked me if I knew what could be done with her lower ill- fitting valplast partial so she could eat better. Realizing that this was a full mouth rehabiitation situation, we took photos and mounted study casts, diagnostic wax up and began to have several conversations about her condition, her wants, needs and expectations about future treatment. Her upper arch had already been restored but was compromised by ill fitting C & B, suspect post/ cores and endo. I gave her a plan and we began with her lower arch.
Composite build ups, screw retained implant and single crowns have been finished and her old C & B has been equilibrated to attenuate a more stable occlusion. Now her upper arch can be phased.

pre op
compsite build ups

implant #30
implants #19, 20 & composite #21

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Occlusal rehap with composite, all zirconia single crowns and screw retained posterior implants

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

This is exactly how a dentist should handle this case.
All of my full mouth rehabs are first done in resin which establishes CR, vertical, the correct incisal edge position and ideal plane of occlusion.
The case is then converted to a simple C & B case in a stress free manner. This also allows treatment to be completed over several years without compromising any of the fundamentals of the case.
You are excellent in your treatment planning.
Will you be in Fl next week?
Regards,
gerald

Thank you for your kind words Gerald. I will not be in FL unfortunately.

You did it again, Jeff! Really nice result and great planning.

Thank you Dr. Goldstein!

Related Posts

21 Rating(s)

PET Kit
BTI