Non - Surgical Root Canal Treatment of Over -Retained Mandibular Second Molar in 27 Years Old Patient

59 Rating(s).

Posted on By Dr.Saif Nagm In Endodontics

They live and work in a place where the temperature can range from freezing to near boiling. They are regularly subjected to acid, surrounded by bacteria, and routinely sustain forces of 120-150 pounds per square inch! And, with all that, they are expected to go on working for upwards of seven decades…
If you haven’t guessed it already, we’re talking about your teeth. One of the goals of modern dentistry is to help keep them healthy and sound because, after all, they’re supposed to last for a lifetime. Given the harsh environment of the oral cavity, this can be a challenging job; yet advances in dentistry are now helping more people keep their natural teeth longer than ever before.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Non - Surgical Root Canal Treatment of Over -Retained Mandibular Second Molar in 27 Years Old Patient

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Dr Saif

What a great endo case. With that draining tract I would have extracted that tooth. You didn't, and amazing results.

Any special or additional steps to assure proper cleaning of the canal. Oral/Topical antibiotics?
How long to instrument those canals?

What I really enjoyed is you description of what takes place in the mouth every day :)

Rocco

Thank you Rocco for your comment.
I will share the full protocol on how I am saving the teeth with out Antibiotics .
But in general I can tell you the key in all the cases is proper irrigation and coronal seal,and leave the rest for immune system.
Thank you Saif.

Great job and follow-up Saif. Regards. Ashok

thank you Ashok Gowda.

DoWell Dental Products
3Shape