need advice - to augmnet or not and how

8 Rating(s).

Posted on By david bistritz In Implants

Dear Dental XPers, ( I don't think pic is necessary )
I am anticipating treating a patient lower right posterior edentulous area. A ct scan evaluation and guided surgery design concluded that 8mm implants can be placed but due to the lingual buccal slant ( high to low ) of the crest of the ridge , 8mm will be fully engaged on the lingual aspect but two millimeters on the facial will be out of bone. My question is what is the best way to augment the shortness of bone coverage on the buccal aspect of the implant. I don't use any phlebotomy ( PRP) in my grafting procedures, rather bone grafting materials and membranes. Does it make sense to;
1) trephinate the bone plate around the implant, place chips and cover with collagen and close and wait ,( vertical bone growth ? ) or just augmnenjmt with soft tissue ? or use a 6 mm implant to cover completely ?

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on need advice - to augmnet or not and how

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

1 Comments

David; would always help to post more info like images, radiographs and CBCT. In any case, I would go with 8mm implant and graft the remaining exposed area with GBR protocol. Bone graft and collagen membrane, achieve primary closure and wait 5-6 months. Good luck Dr. Salama

Omnia
Brasseler