Molar xtraction/ Sinus Lift/ Oseodensification

1 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Sinus Augmentation

When we xtract a molar we have to insert the implant on the interseptum space or in one socket. If we have width on the interseptum but not height a sinus lift procedure is done transcrestal. Here I used the Densah Burs to augment transcrestal the height.
Also to oseodensify bicuspid zone.
By inserting a litle deeper the bicuspid a bone peak was created between molar and bicuspid for papilla support.
Prf was sutured on top of molar to seal the socket.
No flap was raised on molar and minimal flap on bicuspid to check expansion.
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Molar xtraction/ Sinus Lift/ Oseodensification

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

10 Comments

Jorge. Nice treatment plan. Is this a straight autograft lift or did you add allograft? It appears you have gone beyond 3mm into the sinus. If going beyond 3mm I always add allograft. Thank you sharing. Warm wishes. Chuck

Yes Chuck I add Mineross plus PRF.
It is a good idea to add allograft also after 2/3 mm. of augmentation.
I´ve just checked at Dentalxp congress and hotel.
See you there.
Jorge

Jorge, How much of the resultant bone peak do you anticipate being able to maintain? Interesting thought, the first time I've seen this concept. Also, how did you accomplish the sinus lift? Neurosurgery burs, Balloon, Osteotomes, Piezo? Thank you.

Terry, the site of the bicuspid was higher in bone relative to the molar. Unexepectedly was at the level of the first bicuspid. So I deepened the implant 2 mm so there is a peak between the bicuspid and the molar of 2mm. Will it be preserved? Hope so. Time will tell in 6 months!
Sinus lift with Densah Burs, osseodensification technique plus Mineross.
Regards
Jorge

Jorge:

Just perfect... I always notice how preserving the septal bone and expanding it lateraly, make the roots sockets smaller defects and I usually end up using less or no allograft in these sockets. Another way to optimize the system....

Salah

You are right Salah. The sockets around the osseodensified implant socket are now minimized by the expansion and are difficult to graft also.
Thanks for comenting.
Jorge

A case recently performed by a novice at our AIE surgical course in Mexico
Extraction and immediate placement using Densah burs.

I will post the expansion of the furca bone in a following post.

The furca preservation and expansion.

No grafting

Well done Emil, and perfect example case for using and optimizing the bone on the site!
Thanks for adding to the post!
Jorge

Omnia
Augma Bio