Minimally invasive bone modelling with magnetic mallet

185 Rating(s).

Posted on By davide cassioli In Implants

Upper all on four rehab case with deleyed load in a quite thin residual bone crest. Due to the horizontal modular bone expansion has been possible lo place 4 fixture without the supply of any guided regeneration (resorbable or not). The osteotome sequence protocol permitted to create expansion by osteo-densification, preserving the buccal bone plates. Primary stability due to high torque insertion was easely achieved. No drill and was performed and no heating occurred, so all the bone substance was mantained and well treated. All the implant sites was prepared just by using the mallet osteotomes. Continuous suture was performed to guarrantee a good flaps closure and healing.

post-op
post-op

implants placed
sutures

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Minimally invasive bone modelling with magnetic mallet

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

Very impressive. Can you please share preop images of ridge and CBCT of areas. What setting did you use on the Magnetic mallet for maxillary ridge expansion? Full Thickness or Partial Thickness dissection? Thanks Dr. Salama

Thank you very much for your interest, I'm honoured of that. I did a little phone video about the average thickness of the crest scrolling the CBCT. I'll be glad to share it with you (maybe by email). The forces I usually apply, as a preferred protocol, are from 1 increasing in stead of the bone resistance. In this case I reached level 3.
In this particular case of thin ridge I raised the flaps just 2-3 mm at full thickness and 1-2 mm more apically at partial thickness in the thinnest zones of the bone crest to have an extra "look" of were the osteotomes were going, even if I must admit that the most of the times the osteotome is "self guiding" in stead of "sliding" on the palatal bone plate (which is actually harder than the buccal).
Hope this could be enough satisfying about your questions. Feel free to ask whatever and whenever you like.
Thanks again.
Davide.

Pre Op image of the ridge 1
Pre Op image of the ridge 2

Magnetic Mallet
Salvin