Minimal invasive surgical procedure for socket grafting and ridge contour preservation

123 Rating(s).

Posted on By David Baranes In Bone Grafting

In the following case, a hopeless tooth #28 (44) was removed. After extraction a missing buccal plate is evident. The site was augmented by using ”Bond Apatite bone cement" (Augma Biomaterials) under surgical technique for BCS (biphasic calcium sulfate) bone cement in cases of socket grafting procedure.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Minimal invasive surgical procedure for socket grafting and ridge contour preservation

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

6 Comments

Great result once again. Amos has recently informed me that he does NOT suggest coronal advancement and complete closure of this material as you did in this case. Have you tried it the other way? thanks Dr. Salama

have you used these bone cements and what do you think of them??

There are two options for socket grafting suggested.

one option

is when all four bony walls are intact so we can fill the socket without reflecting a flap and then protect the exposed material with a collagen sponge.

the second option

when there is no buccal plate i reflect a flap and close it as Amos describe with tension and maximal closure which means that i don't do flaps release by dissecting it in the periosteum or in the connective tissue below. i must keep the flap under tension during closure .and during the closure, i don't leave it more exposed than 3 mm which is the maximaum that can be left exposed not more.
in this case, i used my suggested technique that I find it extremely effective and easy with Bond apatite or with the 3Dbond, especially in the lower jaw.
i made one short oblique mesial vertical cut all way down into 2 mm in the mobile mucosa.than i reflect the flap aside place the cement and stretch back the flap and suture in maximal closure.

Related Posts

3Shape
Augma Bio