Mandibular Non-invasive free hand approach & Maxillary fully digitally guided.

1 Rating(s).

Posted on By Wahib Moussa In Implants

Hello All,
A 65 years old male patient, came to our office with a maxillary single denture and a lower removable partial denture, resting on anterior compromised and mobile teeth.
Patient had a bad oral hygiene, treated by scaling , root planning and oral hygiene instructions.
Treatment plan was inserting 8 upper and 8 lower implant , the decision for the mandible was flapless none invasive free hand approach and fully guided insertion for the maxilla .
Patient had a very short stay so that the approach was done in two successive days and a temporary complete denture was fabricated for the patient for minimally use .
Thoughts and comments are welcomed.
Wahib Moussa

1- Digital guide seated on maxillary arch and stabilized in place.
2- Preoperative CBCT and planning.

3- Insertion of implants for maxillary arch.
4- Insertion of implants for mandibular arch.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Mandibular Non-invasive free hand approach & Maxillary fully digitally guided.

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

before and temporary

Nice case , just thinking though. Wouldnt it make more sense to use cover screws over implants and allow overgrowth of gums after healing ? Thereby reducing the chance for failure of implant due to pressure of the dentures?
Or maybe your approch makes more sense since you are distancing the plaque from the implant and bone and not allowing early crestal resorbsion...
I dont know any takes on this issue anyone?
Tnx for the chance for discussing this
Aryeh

Dear Aryeh,,, Thank you very much for your kind comment and questions. I defiantly agree on using cover screw over implants to allow for soft tissue healing Over implants. And this was exactly what I dd after removing the colored guides. As for the compete dentures patient was instructed to wear them minimally to Avoid disturbing bone healing. Than you again, With my best regards, Wahib

cover screws
healing after 2 weeks

Augma Bio
Nobel Biocare