Management of multiple diastema thru #22-27 Bondings

112 Rating(s).

Posted on By Gregory Mark In Esthetic Therapy (General)

Patient wants to close her diastemas but refused any Ortho treatment.. I took alginate impression and did a wax up myself. 2 Putty matrixes have been fabricated: one for mock up, another one for actual procedure.
Mock up was approved. Rubber Dam in place. Microabrasion, Etching, All-Bond adhesive agent, Empress Direct A2E used with Cosmedent brush #3. All excursions had been checked. All critiques are welcome. Gregory

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Management of multiple diastema thru #22-27 Bondings

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

10 Comments

Gregory. Nice planning and execution. Well done. Thank you for sharing. Best regards. Chuck.

Thank you Chuck! Happy Holidays! Gregory

Definitely minimally invasive but when I look at worn edges and chipping of maxillary incisors it appears that occlusion is playing a roll here. In addition, I always like to come up with a diagnosis of WHY? there are multiple diastema here? Tongue thrust, perio, habit etc. etc. Nice work regardless just food for thought? Dr. Salama

Thank you! We spoke about occlusion and bad habits, but she does not want to do anything major. But she is aware if bondings will fail it is due to occlusion or bad habits. Gregory

Greg, Was there a reason you did not cosmetically contour the mandibular right lateral? It seems to be sticking up on the disto-incisal . Otherwise very nice.

Thank you! Patient has edge to edge wear and laterotrusive. She only interested in closing spaces, did not want any grinding on her teeth. I did discuss an Ortho treatment with her but she declined it.I ideal case I would level the teeth but my hands were tight. Gregory

Lower incisors are flared forward. Even though we do not have a lateral ceph they look proclined. Ortho is the ideal solution here not only for closing spaces but for giving lower anteriors a correct position sagitally and therefor longterm occlusal stability. Regards, Miguel Hirschhaut

I used this composite as training composites and patient knows if they failed she needs more comprehensive treatment. She refused any Ortho treatment even her insurance cover it. Gregory

Hi, Greg. May I know how did you use the index to help you in restoring the teeth with composite?

I used under for my lingual wall to proportion my restorations. Gregory

Dentalxp
3Shape