Management of Compromised Extraction sites

109 Rating(s).

Posted on By Alexandra Tsigarida In Anterior/Esthetic

46 y.o. Female, ASA1, currently in pain on #8. Patient is on antibiotics (provided by her general dentist and endodontist) for the last few weeks
Presents w/ FDP #8-10.
Both abutments are failing.
#8: fistula present on the mid buccal, buccal and palatal bone compromised.
#10: Periapical radiolucency and based on the overall analysis of the CBCT an apical fenestration is also present.
High smile line.
The initial plan is to place 2 implants on sites #9 and #10 and cantilever 8. How would you approach the case in order to avoid having the tissue collapse especially on #8 site?

Anterior View
High Smile Line

CBCT 8
CBCT 10

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Management of Compromised Extraction sites

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

1 Comments

Alexandra; I would consider this case a high risk. Many challenges and considering the high lipline a case requiring advanced surgical skills. My first impression is to evaluate tooth #10 for endo treatment by endodontist. If the current bridge is stable, I would then consider re-eval and possible apico on #8 after consult with a good endodontic colleague. Only after that has been exhausted would I consider removal and replacement. The case would require bone and soft tissue augmentation and I would prefer implants segregated and placed in area of #8 and #10 or if #10 can be saved thru endo then implants #8 & #9. Good luck Dr. Salama

Related Posts

NovaBone
BioHorizons