Limited Ortho treatment with gum recession - part 1

115 Rating(s).

Posted on By Delia Tuttle In Orthodontics

6 months smile cosmetic braces ( and 5 days) performed on a young female concerned about lower crowding and gum recession. After orthodontic treatment I performed frenectomy before root coverage procedure. We need couple of months for tissue to settle before we are going to proceed with root coverage. Stay tuned for my Gum Drop Technique surgery on root coverage with A- Prf and I- Prf. Coming up as part 2. Thank you Dental XP

Final front view
Cosmetic braces

Open mouth front view
Right lateral view

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Limited Ortho treatment with gum recession - part 1

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

16 Comments

Delia; Nice result....we look forward to the progress and the soft tissue correction. Thanks for sharing. Dr. Salama

Thank you Dr. Maurice !!! How many months do you usually wait after Ortho to proceed with root coverage ? Thank you !!!

3 months is fine...

Delia, really, really nice. Looking forward to part 2!
Are you going to do a video presentation for Dental XP?
I also started to use A - Prf for recession covering, preliminary results are promising!
Thank you for sharing and keep doing!
Best regards
Snjezana

Thank you dear Snjezana!! I am a big fan of your work as well !! Planning to speak about my Gum Drop Technique yes! Also I will present it for 2018 in Florida , Dental XP symposium. You need to come :) I hope to see you in Germany in May :) hugs

Wow, congratulations, Delia, it is a big honor!
Well, see you in Baden Baden! Looking forward to Digital Dentistry Curriculum, TED talks, treatment planning session.
Cheers
Snjezana

Great result so far. Looking forward to part 2. Nice photography!!
Regards, Naheed

Thank you very much Dr. Naheed !!!

Dear Delia, like always ,all your cases are very nice plan.
I cant wait to see the gum drop tech.
Oh! almost forgot, great pictures.
Regards

Thank you Dr. Mariano ! I got into limited Ortho about 1 year ago due my pasión for pink, all about soft tissue management. Thank you again for your kind comments!

Many people have crowded or crooked teeth. Orthodontic treatment will straighten the teeth or move them into a better position. This can improve their appearance and the way the teeth bite together, while also making them easier to clean. Some people have upper front teeth that stick out and look unsightly. These 'prominent' teeth are more likely to be damaged, but orthodontic treatment can move them back into line. Or the way the upper and lower jaws meet can cause teeth to look unsightly and lead to an incorrect bite. Orthodontic treatment may be able to correct both of these problems. When the teeth don't meet correctly, this can put strain on the muscles of the jaw, causing jaw and joint problems and sometimes headaches. Orthodontic treatment can help you to bite more evenly and reduce the strain.

Agree with you dear Lucia. Warm regards

Delia, if there is no keratinized gingiva, does Gum Drop technique work?
Can`t wait until your presentation:)
Best regards
Snjezana

Snejana, Gum Drop works with minimum 2 mm keratinized tissue. But I did it with 1 mm as well. Hugs

Delia results showing good.

Thank you Safarian !

BTI
3Shape