Khoury for horizontal augmentation

159 Rating(s).

Posted on By andoni jones In Bone Grafting

After seeing some impressive presentations on dentalXP in this field I decided to go see Prof Khoury myself last April.

This is my first Khoury technique reentry. Hope you like it!

I was so pleased to see the amazing quality of bone. Nothing like you will ever get with biomaterials...

Next step will be soft tissue management...

Autogenous plate
baseline

baseline
baseline

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Khoury for horizontal augmentation

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

9 Comments

Implant placement at 4 months. All implants >40Ncm. Great bleeding from bone. Real bone feel.

This is TEXTBOOK. Wonderful work and documentation. Keep us posted as the case continues forward. Thnx for sharing Dr. Salama

Nothing compares!
Great execution and documentation, fantastic outcome!
thank you for sharing
Snjezana

Thanks Maurice and Sjnezana, All you guys have inspired me and pushed me to become better. I've been in XP for 5 years now, and have gone a long way. Can't thank you enough

Andoni, this is a marvellous outcome! Using bone chips makes the difference. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your first case. Regards Jorge

Thanks Jorge, I have limited experience with blocks, but the quality of bone and bleeding on this case using chips is unreal. Regards

great case and result ! few questions though... did you make cortical holes in ridge for blood supply ? where did you harvest bone chips from ? did you add anything to the bony chips mix ? did your strabilization screws protrude the thin lingual plate ? again beutiful tnx aryeh

Thanks for the questions Aryeh, I did not perform corticotomies on the residual ridge. This might cause some more bleeding from the bone, but it's not mandatory. The residual bone had practically no medullar bone towards the top, so perforations wouldn't have made a huge difference. The block was taken from the retromolar area, and bony chips collected from the same site with a safescraper. I did not add anything to the chips. I try not to beyond the lingual plate with the fixation screws, they could disturb the soft tissues in the area. Thanks again

thanks for sharing Andoni. Beautiful case!

Ritter
Hu-Friedy