Keratinized augmentation thru SS

145 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Soft Tissue Enhancement

We know by Canullo 2105, that after a period of 7 years the keratinized gingiva width gets closer to the 2mm dangerous zone, were periimplantitis may occur.
Here I post a case of a normal SS treatment (SPoT) but after analizyng the outcome and comparing to initial tooth keratinized width gingiva I found and improvement on the quality of the zone. I could be easily understood if I had done ortho extrusion of the shield, but it is not the case. Just HEALLING abutment on implant and PRF on top. After 6 months normal uncovery and see the evolution of keratinized gingiva from Nov 4th, Dec 12th and Jan 13.
Coments?
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Keratinized augmentation thru SS

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

See quality improvent and maturation of KG

Very interesting observation Jorge. Do you think the PRF had any role in this response? Nice results!! Regards Naheed

Jorge; I have found similar results.....my hypothesis is that the space left above th shield reduction FILLS in with CT overtime providing added thickness and zone of KT.
regards Mo

Ritter
NovaBone