INVISALIGN Tx with Orthopulse Light Accelerator

179 Rating(s).

Posted on By Maurice Salama In Orthodontics

Adult male patient with full arch cross bite and malaligned dentition requested an option of therapy that would provide correction of his bite, an esthetic outcome and in a limited time span. We offered this patient INVISLAIGN, selective IPR and rapid orthodontic tooth movement time frame using Orthopulse light accelerator to change the trays every 5 days rather than every 2 weeks completing treatment in 9 months. Thoughts Dr. Salama

preop
preop maxilla arch

preop mandibular arch
post op

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on INVISALIGN Tx with Orthopulse Light Accelerator

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

Before and After Smile

preop smile
post op smile

Before and After Face View

Before Face
After Face

Acceledent process of 20 minutes /day
How Teeth Move;
Teeth move through a process called bone remodeling. When force is applied to the teeth, bone cells (osteoblasts and osteoclasts) are mobilized around the root of the tooth. This cellular response causes changes in the bone surrounding the tooth, enabling orthodontics to guide tooth movement.

How AcceleDent® Works
AcceleDent’s patented SoftPulse Technology® applies precisely calibrated vibrations called micropulses that transmit through the roots of your teeth to the surrounding bone. This gentle vibration helps increase the cellular activity in the bone and has been shown to speed up tooth movement.

Acceledent
FMX final

Plenty of studies no consistent effects on these “acelerators” of tx. Only aceleration tx that really works is Corticotomies. I have used a couple of “alternatives” to Corticotomies w/o any faster movement. Including propel and acceleredent. I have even done small holes with a TAD in patients that did not wanted to go through corticotomies with small/limited success. Unfortunately for me the only way to go for now for faster tx is Corticotomies. Regards

Miguel; thanks for your comments. I believe electro-magnetic frequency, pulse vibrations and RAP phenomenon with corticotomies have all been suggested with varying degrees of REAL firm split mouth studies......too bad we still have luittle PROOF in 2018 that any of these work and if so HOW MUCH?
regards Maurice

Related Posts

BTI
Dentalxp