Implants for upper right and left second premolars

13 Rating(s).

Posted on By Khalid Ibrahim In Implants

Hello All
38 year old patient came to the clinic requesting implants for two missing upper second premolars.
Both implants were 11 mm in length and 3.7 mm diameter

Flap technique was used and healing screws placed prior to suturing.

Implants will be exposed in a second procedure after healing and a healing abutment placed prior to impression taking.
Updates will be posted later

Please feel free to provide your much appreciated critique of the case.

Thank you
Khalid Ibrahim

Preoperative view
CBCT

Flap (right)
Flap (Left)

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Implants for upper right and left second premolars

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

The space appears to be too narrow due to drifting. I would remove the carious #14 graft it, remove #13 since t is rotated and restore with two implants or a mini bridge according to the wax up. I would also replace th opposing lower molar. Patient needs caries control. Remember that those root canals are failing so those will need to be replaced in the future so eventually the patient will have the implants placed symmetrically. If you hav a good comprehensive treatment plan it can be implemented in stages. You also could prep #13 for a crown to see how much space you can get instead if extracting it. CT would be helpful for width. I think it is a nice case but try and think comprehensively vs sticking a narrow implant in a compromised space. Thanks for reading.You van visit at http://etoms.com for more information.

Thank you for your comment. Your input is greatly appreciated. The patient's treatment plan is far from finished and I will surely take your suggestions into consideration in future visits.

Regards,
Khalid

KLS Martin
Dentalxp