Implant out of the box

154 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Anterior/Esthetic

Usually on a maxillary full extraction case like the one I´m presenting, we use to place anterior implants on dental sockets. This sockets , normally, don´t have buccal plate, or it will disappear in 8 weeks. That´s why we fill the sockets hoping to maintain the volume.
In this case I thought different trying to place my implants surrounded by native bone. There is a zone, between central and lateral sockets on the pallatal area that is like a triangle that can be expanded. The result is 100% implant with native bone. The difference is worthy a try. Have a look to CBCT images.
Regards
Jorg

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Implant out of the box

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

Getting creative Jorge. Ctscan is so valuable to plan these cases. Why not immediate load your full arch? Regards

HI Andoni, yes, ha ha...creative. But really I think that this is a perfect place to locate our implants, rather than on grafted sockets as usual. Patient prefers removable denture due to financial issues. All implants were over 45N... Posterior implants were on sinus lift, also with Densah burs. Regards.

Fantastic Jorge...well explained. regards Mo

Thanks Mo, I feel happy for thinking and discovering this new possibility and at the same moment sad for not thinking of this before! Ha ha...
Regards
Jorge

Jorge, this is a fantastic idea, how does it come we have not thought earlier about this? Densah, a lot of thinking and experience were the missing links, I guess.
For cases like this with the terminal periodontal situation (and thick bone triangle) and unavoidable artificial pink this is a great solution. Implants are in native bone, better primary stability and longevity...
Bravo Jorge!
Snjezana

True Snjezana, the missing link was the capability to enhance the site. If you look to perio maxillas, the septum between teeth and pallatal cortical is generally well preserved...so: better to locate on native bone than on regenerated bone. Even for immediate load! When I imagine things like this, I think to myself: why didn´t I think before on this? It´s sooo clear.... Regards Jorge

Henry Schein
360 Imaging