Impacted canine with Esthetic/implant consideration

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jason Witonsky In Orthodontics

This patient from south america reports a history of orthodontics. She reports several orthodontists do not want to expose #6 and bring into occlusion. She says she wants to do an extraction and implant. She is having an orthodontic consultation now.

What are your thoughts on the a successful outcome. I would anticipate bone and soft tissue grafting. #7 also has significant bone loss.

Thank you,

Jason

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Impacted canine with Esthetic/implant consideration

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

I would also suggest a CBCT for more diagnostic information regarding the position of the impacted canine. A wax up may also be helpful to decide what works best for the restorative space. You need a destination first in order to find the best treatment approach. Even with the extraction of the impacted canine, you may still require orthodontics to work with the restorative space. Many factors to consider. I would work on collecting more diagnostic info as a first step. Wait to see what the orthodontic says first regarding the site. Hope this helps.

Hi Naheed,

I appreciate the advice.. here are some CT cross sections.. #7 has quite a lot of bone loss as well.. im checking if she has had the ortho consult yet.

Jason

DoWell Dental Products
KLS Martin