Immediate Molar Implant Placement Using Densah Burs

114 Rating(s).

Posted on By Emil DDS In Implants

#19 extracted and immediate placement using Densah Burs to preserve--and expand the furca bone. I cannot do this my standard implant drills. Placement of a BSB tissue level 4.8WNx10mm implant with an ISQ of 63.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Immediate Molar Implant Placement Using Densah Burs

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

17 Comments

Emil, I used the Densah burs last week and gave me the same impression. Couldn´t have done with regular drills.
Nice case.
Thanks for posting,
Jorge

Emil. Nice case. However, I am not sure wether it is necessary or desirable to "densify"already dense septal bone? Thus far, I only used Densah burs in type 3-4 bone and have successfully converted to type 2-3 (at least upon initial stability). A useful tool for implant surgery in soft bone. Well done. Thank you for sharing. Best regards. Chuck

Charles
For me not a need to densify the septal bone but simply not to remove it and loose the bulk for stability.

I have begun using these burs for all of my implant placements. In Type 1 and 2 I will use them in the clockwise or cutting mode and then depending on the density I will reverse and use them in the counterclockwise direction to compact all of the bone particles back into the site. A graft Insuti.

Try it ---you will see an increase in primary stability.

I would have considered placement within the confines of the mesial or distal root sockets and preserve the already dense septal bone. Still a well managed case and thanks for sharing. Dr. Salama

Dr.Salama

I do not consider the mesial or distal roots when there is a good septum because it makes the restorative more difficult and can cause food impaction problems.

Here is another case that the septum was used very easily with this approach. You can see how the septal bone was preserves. With standard implant drills this has been difficult for me to achieve.

Emil,Thought of placing immediate implant using densah burs. Restorative driven implantology with no cantilevers,preservation of bone.Excellent result.like to watch postop prosthesis.

Paul

I think some think of these as speciality burs for expansion cases and are overlooking the advantage of bone preservation and compaction to achieve a greater stability in all type of bone---Types 1 2 3 4.

10 days post

Here are photos of a 6 month follow-up

Emil thanks for updating! Great images!
Regards. Jorge

Emil, great case management and final result. I do agree with you that 'in medio stat virtus', much easier on this way. Densah are invaluable here . Did you note though a little vestibular gingival shrinkage? Bundel bone concept does apply to first molar too. Thanks for sharing.Excellent case. Armando

Armando
Of course a slight amount of shrinkage and perhaps a shield could have been done but I am happy with the result.
Thanks
Emil

Using your protocol and Densah burs in septal area yesterday...

densah drills used
6.0mm implant in septum

Treatment process

before tx
after autologous BG

Maurice

Looks great! Nice to see you using the Densah Burs.

Have you used them for crestal lifts yet?

Emil

Yes...I have. very nice addition to our armamentarium. Dr. S

Here is a 15 month follow-up !

360 Imaging
Ritter