Immediate implant in the infected abscess teeth

66 Rating(s).

Posted on By Daniel Kim In Bone Grafting

I was watching Dr. Luciano Retana's presentation using Xenograph material in no buccal bone cases. I said to myself, that is exactly what I did.
1st case is #30 with buccal abscess with half the buccal bone gone. I placed Anyridge 5.5x10 immediately after the extraction. I lased the area with Periolase prior to implant placement.
2nd case is #9 with bid abscess with no buccal bone. Implant placed and BioOss placed on buccal. I did not place as much bone as Dr. Luciano showed.

Huge abscess on buccal
Immediate implant with Xenograft on buccal, mesial and distal

3month later
6month later

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Immediate implant in the infected abscess teeth

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

Not a fan of this style treatment. Tissue can fool you. Only way to properly analyze is through pre and post op CBCT. Also, not a fan of Xenograft over my implants as they do not resorb over time and risks potential spontaneous exfoliation over time. Glad these worked for you but not in my hands. Dr. Salama

Thanks Dr. Salama for your honest opinion. Only time will tell. When do you think is the best time to take follow up CBCT?

Omnia
Henry Schein
Brasseler