immediate implant placement in fresh extraction socket and complication one months later- the way how I handle this complication

109 Rating(s).

Posted on By Samvel Bleyan In Failures

immediate implant placement was performed after atraumatic tooth extraction.Osteotomy preparation of septa was done using Densah drills.Socket was grafted and collagen membrane was used to cover moderate dehiscence of the vestibulo-mesial wall. PRF MEMBRANE applied over the socket to cover grafted zone.Raised vestibular flap was sutured. one month later patient visit my office with complaints about irritation and some discomfort around the implant. I was shocked with what was there. So i raised vestibular flap , degranulate exposed surface of implant neck, treated it with tetracycline slurry and chlorhexidine, add some new xenograft (sticky),covered it by PRF membranes and sutured it again.Fortunately it helped.
3 months later-standard prosthetic reahabilitation using progressive pressure technique was performed and final hybrid crown was delivered with acceptable soft tissues surrounding implant.

before ...
and after extracion

osteotomy preparation
implant with healing abutment

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on immediate implant placement in fresh extraction socket and complication one months later- the way how I handle this complication

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

12 Comments

Radiographs? Always interested in these sitautions and how they are managed. Thanks Maurice

flaps sutured
post-op intra oral x ray

disaster one months later
one more try -after debridenent and treatment of implant's exposed surface with tetracycline slurry and chlorhexidine - adding xenograft sticky

three months later it looks promising
thanks G-d it does work

soft tissues before temporary crown delivery
temporary crown delivered and we are starting to modify emergence profile using dynamic compression technique

x=ray of temorary crown before modification
x=ray of temorary crown after modification

gingival contour after temporary ceown modification
modified temporary

final emergence profile
customized impression transfer

final hybrid screw-retained crown
crown delivered

one week later-ideal soft tissue adaptation
x ray of final restoration

Nice work, thanks for sharing!

THANKS FOR COMMENT DAMIR