Immediate Implant placement in combination with the Socket Shield and a Custom Healing abutment

44 Rating(s).

Posted on By Emilio Rodriguez-Fernández In Implants

First of all I hope everyone is fine.
Here's a new case I made two months ago of a non-restorable lower premolar. 49-year-old woman, non-smoker and in good health. We perform a socket shield technique, install an implant, achieve primary stability and good ISQ value (72), and perform a custom healing abutment. No biomaterial was needed to fill the space and the soft tissue healing is proving magnificent thanks to the combination of the customized abutment and the socket protector. I await your questions and comments.

Thank you,

Emilio

Initial Situation
Implant & The Shield

Custom healing abutment
One week later

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Immediate Implant placement in combination with the Socket Shield and a Custom Healing abutment

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

Beautiful tissue! How did you assess whether or not there was a Buccal dehiscence and the level of shield reduction?

Good question. I isolate the shield during manipulation so as not to injure soft tissue. If you had such a complication, its manifestation would be evident. I had to remove the shield in a few situations. But I did not compromise the osseointegration of the implant.

Thank you!

Related Posts

360 Imaging
Dentalxp