Immediate Implant Dual Zone from 2013. Slow and gradual resorption.

308 Rating(s).

Posted on By Maurice Salama In Failures

Immediate Implant #9 Dual Zone from 2013. Slow and gradual resorption. See images from 2013 Sx, 2014, 2015, 2016 and today 2017. Difficult to predict but we know this occurs to a varying degree in all cases. Today, we must consider PET or SVG or Delayed approaches if we are to avoid these situations. Thoughts?? Dr. Salama

2013 Extraction

Dual Zone
2013 Immediate temp at 3 months

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Immediate Implant Dual Zone from 2013. Slow and gradual resorption.

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

12 Comments

Thank you for sharing...it is so important!
Nowadays I see it this way: if PET not possible, than SVG. If delayed - "prosthetic socket preservation" with fixed provisional and pontic supporting the buccal soft tissue, to reduce a ridge collapse, frenulum displacement...and obligatory CTG with implant placement (and in >80% of all cases GBR).
What do you think, if you had thickened soft tissue with CTG in 2015, would the resorption be avoided?
Best regards
Snjezana

Great Question Snjezana, not sure avoided but masked....compensated for and more maintainable. Now time for CTG recovery here for sure....Happy holidays. Maurice

De acuerdo con usted Dr. Salama . En este caso en particular por lo que se puede apreciar en las fotografías clínicas , aparece una complicación a partir del 2014 , que se observa una pequeña fístula a nivel marginal. Como lo trato en ese momento ? Pudo haber sido una colonización localizada que haya causado tal situación ? Espero su respuesta y muchas gracias por compartir. Saludos Eduardo.

Time......tells a story.

2014 Soft Tissue
2017 Soft Tissue

Thank you Maurice! How many cases of immediate implantation we have made and we said that we had stayed well ... and years later we observed a loss of buccal volume. How much we have grown ... how much we have learned ... we already know what is happening ... Apache Socket shield, PET and we begin to see different things ... preservation of the buccal bone crest ... we are on the right track. Now, we have all these cases that we have "failed", GBR ... CTG ... APRF ... much to learn!

Eye opener!

Alberto & Yiannis; We must be honest, share and EVOLVE!!!!
Thanks Maurice

Here is 8 year post extraction of central incisor with no buccal plate and immediate tuberosity CTG socket-fill graft. No sutures used. Graft kept in place by provisional bridge.

Paul....nice result..What is the point you are trying to make? Merry Christmas and see you in Florida in February. regards Mo

My observation is that dense vital tissue like Tuberosity CTG may resist contraction over time.
Happy Holidays. See you in Fla.

Paul; I completely agree with your assessment. In your case it was used for a pontic under a brige, would you also utilize it at the time of immediate implant placement? I have difficulty using it in those situations. regards and merry christmas. Mo

Maurice, thanks for your honesty! You are great also for this.
I've learned from my negative experience & evidence that we would perform (if buccal bone <1.5mm) a veneer graft when it's impossible (today) a PET. Naturally CTG if thin byotipe.
Merry Christmas!
Enzo

BTI
KLS Martin