Immediate implant disasters

303 Rating(s).

Posted on By Howard Gluckman In Failures

A patient had a motor vehicle accident and as a result fractured both the front teeth below the gum. We extracted the centrals and placed the large diameter implants which was the rule at the time the year 2000. The custom abutments show the way they support the papilla and prevent the collapse of the elastin fibres. The final result is a good one. But................................................

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Immediate implant disasters

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

16 Comments

Howie. GREAT SAVE! Fortunately you were wise from the start to place your implant platforms deep enough for your solution. Gotta love AUTOGENOUS TISSUE AND ZIRCONIA abutments. Well done. Best regards. Chuck

Nice Case, we learn from ourselves, more from mistakes, but this is not one, i consider a total success. Congratulations.

Thanks Juan. In hind site we could have done things very differently but at the time this was right.

Great save Dr.Howard, thanks for sharing.

Howard, congratulations! This was very difficult to solve...without proper actions.
Was the CTG more thick than normal?
What would you do today if you have to solve this situation? Would you manage on the same way, same flap design?
Thanks for sharing your experience!
Jorge

Thanks Jorge. The tissue is the normal width about 2mm in thickness. And the answer to your second question is definitely yes I would do it totally differently if I did it now. The vista that I did first to thicken the tissue before I raised the flap would be the same however the second procedure would be a tunnel or a second vista flap. I would not leave the epithelium on the CT either. This way we would get a fare superior soft tissue healing without any scarring like we have in this case. thanks for your great questions

Dear Howard my congratulation.,but you have not used any graft materials in this situation???

Hi Tural do you mean graft material for bone grating over the buccal of the implants. If so I do not think you would get anybone growing here as it is outside the envelope as well as being agains the old implants so there is dead surface and no space for blood supply to the bone.

Great save, thank god for thick biotype and switch platform.
Thanks for sharing!

Remarkable and shows the IMPORTANCE of TISSUE THICKNESS!! regards Mo

what does CRF mean?

Coronally repositioned flap

What did you place under the vista flap? Palatal tissue?

Yes they both got palatal tissue

Dental Implants were once very painful and a long process. But now the rise of technology has made it very easy to complete the procedure and maintain a high success rate. One of the pioneers in this field is Dentzz Dental. You can check out the Dentzz Reviews here : https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Reviews/Dentzz-Dental-Care-Centres-Reviews-E1013253.htm

Related Posts

156 Rating(s)
122 Rating(s)

360 Imaging
3Shape