Immediate implant can be tricky!!!!!

1 Rating(s).

Posted on By Sherif Salama In Implants

Immediate implant in the place of the upper right 4 placed 4 months ago, placed flapless and free hand.
misguided the implant was pushed buccaly in the place of the buccal root,today I removed the implant and placed a new one using a surgical guide placed sticky bone and Prf Membrane.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Immediate implant can be tricky!!!!!

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

hi ,a few questions here,
why not go deeper in bone (5-6 mm) ? especially when the this case has failed once before because of buccal resorption.
seems somewhat risky to me.
and another question, why all the CBCTs seems a little excessive, radiationwise ,just one prior to the procedure should suffice.
good luck
aryeh

Hello Aryeh,
The case failed not because of buccal bone resorption but failed due to mal placement of the implant and actually the new implant was placed with a very good primary stabillity, and regarding the radiation dosei cant really answer u since the cbct machine is not in my clinic, the xrays are made in CBCT Xray center.
And regarding the post op cbct, to be honest i didnt want risks specially that its a reimplantation so i wanted to make sure everything was just perfect before the osseointegration phase.
Regards

Salvin
DoWell Dental Products