Hybrid Denture Failure

123 Rating(s).

Posted on By ashok gowda In Failures

Hi, XP members. Posting a case of failed acrylic hybrid denture. It's a referred case . Patient had gone for this treatment 3 years back in a different office. At present he is 68 yrs old History says , upper anterior denture teeth started falling after 1 year post treatment. Now he wants a solution. I feel the quality of Acrylic and bulk is not sufficient, and definitely it needs more room for function. Anterior teeth are in the zone of function. He is not complaining of any discomfort In the fixture areas. I feel fixtures are placed too deep. I still not yet removed the prosthesis. Appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Hybrid Denture Failure

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Need to remove prosthesis and take photos. Measure thickness of material and depth of fixtures. It may be an issue of inadequate dimensions....MEASUREMENTS are critical here. May require a monolithic alternative. Dr. Salama

Thanks for the opinion Maurice.

I would look into the occlusion as well

Thanks Anton, I agree. I feel in this type of Acrylic hybrid prostheses,over a period of time due to posterior teeth wear, vertical Will collapse and affects the anterior guidance, which results in anterior teeth debonding. Hence i prefer upper zr monolyth against lower acrylic or composite hybrid. Any thoughts. Regards. Ashok.

PET Kit
Versah