How to Transfer Impression into Surgical Guide Model

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By Gregory Mark In CBCT & CAD/CAM

not everyone has a scanning appliance in the office. I used regular PVS impression , scanned in 3D Cone Beam. Then I used Blueskybio software to invert this impression into the model and match DiCom file of the patient with the model. Now we are ready to a surgical guide. Easy process and free software. I hope it helps.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on How to Transfer Impression into Surgical Guide Model

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

Now the same from the model.

It really looks simple that way. And the software allows to create virtual teeth very simply!!

Have you had difficulties merging the model when teeth have a lot of metal??

Thanks Gregory

We are using scan appliance. You take the impression with Cone Beam markers, while impression in the mouth you scan the patient, then remove impression pour the model and scan impression while model still there. Using Cone Beam markers t is easy to merge heavily restored patients. I hope it helps. Gregory

Versah
Hu-Friedy