How not to lose crestal bone , milimetrical measurments

114 Rating(s).

Posted on By Carlos Aguilar León In Anterior/Esthetic

A 45 years old male , went to the dental office to with two decay centrals and failed crowns to mantain the two natural teeth, in this case in the surgery the milimetrical analisis between implants and teeth to keep the same level of bone to achieve a emergence profile for the crwons, the abutments were custom made with a margin line 2mm below the gum so it is possible to remove the cement in a good way.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on How not to lose crestal bone , milimetrical measurments

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

7 Comments

Nice case, Carlos! Fantastic emergence profile, great papillae!
Post ex implants?
Do you have an image showing the entire anterior maxilla?
And if you would attach X-ray, please.
Congratulations
Snjezana

Yes let me find them.

Hi Carlos, nice but I´m afraid that this won´t last too much. As we know after a couple of years you´ll see retraction, and flattening of the emergency profile, and after more years a gray color. This is Biology, not your treatment. We cannot stop bone resorption...unless we do a PET treatment.
Wasn´t impossible to do a SS here?
Thanks for posting and I wish that the patient had a Thick Bone Biotype.
Regards
Jorge

Please add a radiograph preop and post op. Thanks Dr. Salama

Thanks dr salama I will look for the pictures .

Thanks to both , I think the bone will be stable because has no CTG so it is solid bone , here the distance play a vital roll if we respect distance between implants , mm depth 3 mm , 3mm between implants and one thing we usually forget it is the distance between the contact point of the crowns and no more than 5. Mm to crestas bone will be stable and last but not least the angulation of the implants is very important in long term stability , thanks to Snjezana always a pleasure and to Jorge too , Regards.

BTI
KLS Martin