How to graft area at time of implant placement?

118 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jennifer Finney In Bone Grafting

Back in November this patient came in with #24 fractured off subgingivally. It had previous endo treatment. We extracted and did socket preservation but still got some significant buccal resorption.

I am planning to place the implant with a surigcal guide but think I could use a little bit of additional bone grafting on the buccal. Looking for advice on what type of membrane/bone to use as I've never grafted such a small area so there really isn't room for tacks, etc. Should I then bury the implant?

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on How to graft area at time of implant placement?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

1 Comments

Jennifer; Always add some clinical pics and a PA please. You will be best served with a submerged healing environment and a drapeable non-cross linked collagen barrier line Xymphony from Salvin as well as small size allograft bone particles. Best investment would be a ?Hands on Bone Course. We are doing 2 at the Dentalxp NYU Regeneration Summit this August. Please join us there. Dr. Salama

PET Kit
Brasseler