Guided Tissue Regeneration on Aggressive Periodontitis (LJP)

17 Rating(s).

Posted on By Steven Berkowitz In Periodontics

17 year old African American female with localized aggressive periodontitis affecting her permanent 1st molars. #3 presents with 9mm pocket depth. The area was treated with open flap debridement and grafting with Bond Apetite. Immediate post graft and 1 year follow up radiographs are attached. Clinically, the area probes 5mm. Not perfect, but certainly improved.

I have used Bond Apetite for ridge augmentations and socket grafting, but this was my first time using it in a periodontal defect. I believe the fact that the material bonds together offers an advantage over particulate grafts which may exfoliate during healing.

Thoughts?
SB

Pre op
Immediate post graft- Bond Apetite

1 year follow up
Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Guided Tissue Regeneration on Aggressive Periodontitis (LJP)

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

Nice results! Any ideas on the diagnosis? What are the possible causes for an aggressive periodontitis in a 17 years old patient?
Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Damir.

Nice case! Have you tried this with application of enamel matrix proteins (emdogain) or a blood based biologic like prp or prf? I do a lot of these regenerative cases and you are 100% correct, graft exfoliation can be a problem that compromises results no matter how carefully the surgical phase is handled. Nice result!

Very nice result. Thank you for sharing.
Good idea!
Are you aware of any other attempts to augment paro site utilizing Augma?
Best regards
Snjezana

Great case
exactly how did you prepare the root surface

Thanks, The root was treated with root planing (Cavitron and hand instruments) followed by PrefGel for 2 minutes.

NovaBone
Hu-Friedy