Glocker SS on extreme case

135 Rating(s).


Posted on By Jorge Campos In Anterior/Esthetic

An extreme case with little bone to preserve. A lower incisor with a chronic infection must be removed. The patient accepted a block graft and a CTG to treat this case as a Type 2 or 3 case with a delayed approach.
I prefered to treat as a Glocker SS, in a staged mode.
We have to decide if we extract and do what we planned or try to maintain the buccal bone with a SS.
The socket was cleanned and rinsed with povidone.
The buccal comunication at the end of the socket was close by a INTERNAL membrane of collagen.
Allograft and a suture will do the rest.
After 3 months if we where successful, we will procced with an implant with or without immediate provisional.
Regards
Jorge




Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Glocker SS on extreme case


Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

15 Comments

Collagen Membrane
socket filling


Reply

Amazing technical skills to remove the lingual portion of root and maintain stability of the labial shield....ESPECIALLY in light of removal of apical granulomatous tissues and placement of a membrane. Great hands and EXTREME utilization of PET!! Keep us posted. regards Mo


Reply

Hi Mo, you are right, but once you do many cases this is easy to achieve IMHO. To remove the lingual shield and clean everything and do a staged PET approach.
This is a conceptual case were you have to choose which way you will use to get to the final result.
I will keep you posted!
Regards and be prepared for Madrid JTI: the PET CONSENSUS.
Jorge


Reply

An another example that we shouldn`t exclude PET if preoperative CBCT doesn`t look favorable. Before we take a forceps we should probe, sometimes elevate a small flap, sometimes even a bigger flap and add some biomaterial. Your message is great: don`t loose any PET case if there is a possibility to PET.
Bravo, Jorge, looking forward to JTI in Madrid!
Snjezana


Reply

You are right Snjezana, but in this particular case I wouldn´t raise not even a small flap. The case needs all the vascular supply possible. A little sneak with a flap and the bone may resorb.
Thanks for your comments. Thanks for coming to MADRID JTI2017

Jorge


Reply

Jorge. Never give up! Yes! "Keep the Good" Nothing to loose except the bone you would lose anyway if totally extracted. Apex management is critical. The next frontier will be development specialized techniques for unique situations. Maybe add that to the list for discussion in Madrid?


Reply

Hi Chuck, it is very easy to never give up when you don´t have nothing to loose. If I extract the WHOLE root, the bone is definitively lost. By doing SS, may be in this extreme case I can preserve both the bone and KG.
We will talk at Madrid JTI, on november 17th at the FIRST PET MEETING.
Regards
Jorge


Reply

You amaze me every time I see your cases! Gregory


Reply

Thanks Gregory!!! Really apreciate.
Jorge


Reply

Thumbs up my man !!! Look forward to the follow up


Reply

Hi Naheed, it was really nice to meet you at Mumbay. I´ll post the follow up of this extreme case.
Regards
Jorge


Reply

Professor,

Well done and you know I love this one- I ve got nothing to ask but only to add "Best to try and fail than not try at all" In this case there is no fail the end result wil be better than the prior state!

Cheers,

Richard


Reply

Thanks Rich.
Hope the little bridge of bone on buccal remains and the bone on the sockets develops and this will be a great case.
Regards
Jorge


Reply

Tac images after 1 week


Reply

Clinical pics after a 15 days.


Reply


Hu-Friedy
Brasseler