Gingival enhancement possible?

90 Rating(s).

Posted on By bruce birchenough In Soft Tissue Enhancement

Fractured #24 w/ facial and mesial bone loss. Bone graft at time of extraction. At 4 months placed all in one abut/implant. 4 months later final crown. Dont think I can get more mesial bone due to lack of height on mesial #25. Is there a predictable way to graft soft tissue vertically in this area to help close the defect?

Pre extract
post graft

threading the needle
prov crown

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Gingival enhancement possible?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Bruce my friend, your only chance here is to orthodontically extrude the adjacent natural incisor #25. Do it SLOWLY and it may not require endo, only occlusal adjustment. You went to PENN, you know this is ONLY way out here. regards Mo

Thanks. Going to "fill" the defect restoratively and monitor the area. I think if patient keeps area clean than should hold long term? Other than a slight esthetic concern I didn't think there should be any long term consequences. Time will tell. Thoughts?

Keep an eye on it...food trap, inflammation etc. PA looks good though otherwise. regards and hope to see you in Florida in February. regards Mo

Tried to contour crown to reduce food trap. Lets see how bone levels hold up. Thanks for the input.

day of insertion

Related Posts

Omnia
3Shape