Full mouth rehabilitation

41 Rating(s).

Posted on By Deepiha D In Full Arch & Dentures

19 yr boy, non syndromic oligodontia. This is my first case for full mouth rehabilitation. All primary teeth are removed now. Looking like a straight forward case for prosthetic rehabilitation with full fixed denture by increasing the VD. Is there a need for any orthodontic corrections
How to proceed the treatment?

Upper arch
Lower arch

Frontal view with severe deep bite
Opg
Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Full mouth rehabilitation

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

Deepiha; You need to better crop your images and update us on the follow up records after extractions. Lateral pics of Bite as well would be helpful. Has a CBCT been taken? Dr. Salama

Not planning for implants. Can I give a rigidly connected full arch pfm?

Present cast

Hi! If it is your first full rehab I would refer. Do not be upset! This is not an easy case to manage. You do not have enough provided information. Gregory

Okay sir i will refer. But I just want to know the management. Tell me how can we give pfm crowns. We cannot give individual crowns because many teeth are missing. If it is a bridge how to split them. Full arch single restoration or two separate quadrant wise resotoration or premolar to premolar, with key - key way for pier abutment?

It is not what restorations you are going to do. First you have to establish risk factors of the patient form Biomechanical ( tooth structure), Perio, Functional ( occlusion), Dentofacial ( esthetics). When you establish those factors, then you can ask yourself: If my treatment will make those factors worse or better and you have to know Why? Then you have to establish your reference point where you are going to place teeth? Your pictures and your narrative did not provide this. You said that you are going to increase OVD. Why? How did you determine that OVD collapsed? If you increase OVD did you find CR for your reference point? If you did, where articulation in CR? My suggestion is to find someone in your area who has a training how to restore these type of cases and consult since you are going to have a lot of questions during treatment. I hope it helps!

Henry Schein
KLS Martin