Full mandible implant Placement: 2 SS and Densah Burs

20 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Implants

Another case of lower arch implant placement. Similar to the post previously showed here. The remarkable issue is that on thin ridge we use Densah Burs to improve local bone quality . And , whenever we can try to "Shield your Socket". See the buccal bone, bundle bone, of the neighbor socket how fragile it looks, compared to the "Shielded" one.
This is for me the standard procedure in this case to prevent bone resorption.
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Full mandible implant Placement: 2 SS and Densah Burs

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

12 Comments

Hi Jorge,

Well done as usual, you are a master of SS.

Just one thing, don't you think you should place your implants in the SS sockets a bit deeper? Seems like the implant platform is at the level of the crest and the SS, I would usually place the implant deeper.

Regards

Hi Andoni, thanks for your kind words
The implant is placed 1 mm. bellow crest and shield.
I place the implant 3 mm bellow when a bridge or a single implant with neighbor teeth. Not for complete full arches.
Thanks for your comments.
Jorge

Hello Jorge
Great case. Does anyone know how to buy versah burs from Spain? I'm having problems with the website.
Another question? What does PET means?
Thank you very much

Hi Margarita, PET= partial extraction therapies. Principle techniques are RST: root subemergence tech and SS: socket Shield.
Versah Burs will be available soon but not now. You can meet Salaw Huwais and his lecture at Madrid JTI2016 on the 23rd of april.
Regards,
Jorge
www.jornadatotaldeimplantologia.com

Jorge, I like the paradigm change where you use PET rather then, old procedure, extract all roots. It surely will be better on the long run. I've noticed that you bevel the shield toward the bone but, IMO you should do the same on the inner part edge to prevent mucosa perforation in that area by the shield. What is your impression about Versah behavior on mandibular compare to maxillary? You are certainly the engine of this new procedures, my compliments. Armando.

Oooh Armando, not much. Ha, ha. Thanks for your compliments!
You are right about the horizontal cut of the Shield. I now prefer to cut horizontal and with a beveled inner part, so the internal edge is lower than the external edge. Good point!
I´m leaving to Dentalxp tomorrow!
See you at Madrid, my friend.
Jorge

Jorge, I'm sure it's going to be a great Congress, considering the quality of presentations and relators. I was unable to reach you all but ideally be there . We are all looking forward to news on PET... Armando

Thanks Armando, I´ll tell you if there is something new on our PET scenario. Regards.
Jorge

Jorge. You know how much I love this phylosophy of treatment. I have seen enough " Experimental ridge atrophy in the Human". I feel it is ridiculous to intentionally destroy bundle bone on a routine basis, only to replace with other tissue types. Maybe it is time we try something different. Well done my friend! See you soon. Chuck.

I do agree with you Chuck. Too many years of bone-wasting thru extraction...Fortunatelly we found something interesting on our way. See you on friday!
Jorge

Awesome work Dr. Campos. My only concern with Densah burs in anterior mandible is high temperature and bone necrosis specially if used with high speed!. Any thoughts about that?!. Thanks again!. Dr. H

Could you show the post op Conebeam? I would like to get some reference to the placement parameters relative to change in the trajectory of bone. It does seem that you will have minimal restorative space here. What are your restorative plans? Are you going to place more implants? Thanks for sharing. Bill

Related Posts

184 Rating(s)

Omnia
Henry Schein