Five Year Follow up of a Ceramic Implant Replacing a Maxillary First Premolar

54 Rating(s).

Posted on By Sammy Noumbissi In Ceramics/Veneers

This is a case of a delayed implant placement to replace tooth #5. A ceramic implant was placed and immediately temporized. The implant used was the Z-Look 3 one piece implant from Z-systems. The permanent crown was made with a full contour zirconia crown. Patient was not seen since crown delivery and returned after five years because it came off during flossing.

Initial situation
Z-Look 3 4.o X 13mm

Implant abutment Prepped
Immediate Temporary

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Five Year Follow up of a Ceramic Implant Replacing a Maxillary First Premolar

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

Sammy; Can you adda preop and post op PA radiograph of this case? I have noticed more crestal bone loss on ceramic implants after loading? Thanks Dr. Salama

Dear Maurice, I actually observe less bone loss around ceramic implants than titanium. This is one of my oldest ceramic implants, its almost 6 years post loading. I will retrieve some pre and post CBCT shots and post shortly. Thank you

Dentalxp
Versah