Failures related to internal sinus lift/implant

87 Rating(s).

Posted on By Harrison Ishida In Sinus Augmentation

Is there a correlation between failures or significant bone loss in cases of internal sinus lift and implant placement/bone graft?

sinus/implant

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Failures related to internal sinus lift/implant

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

I believe when the bone is quite thin this could create crestal bone loss and possible loss of the fixture. Dr. Salama

With my full agreement with dr salama
With nobel active (especially delay placement) a significant crestal bone resorption occur.!!! Since 2006, I used biohorizon,astra and superline....never face such resorption rate until I shift for nobel active.!!! Which occur after fixing of healing abutment.
I contact them the company in that regards but they didn't respond.
Maybe because of the recommended drilling sequence that lead to amazing primary stability but also excessive crestal stress.

Thank you for sharing. In this case it seems the crestal remodelling has do do with biologic width, tissue seems thin could the crestal remodelling have been minimised with a CTG before placement of healing abutment?

Harrison, Thank you for sharing this case.
What was your placement torque?

The connective tissue seemed fine. The site was edentulous for years and there was no previous graft there. The torque was high and was done with hand wrench at 70 ncm. Enclosed is the pre op cbct and pa. Surgery done 11/17.

Augma Bio
NovaBone