Failing mandibular anterior

126 Rating(s).

Posted on By Ben Lashley In Implants

This 60yo female has history of Trauma to anterior. Recently the central has split and is failing. CBCT shows large bone defect. There is now exudate and suppuration from the anterior and little or no attached gingiva. How would folks handle this case? I am considering fixed bridge work as the delicate nature of the area will be a challenging augmentation with multiple soft and hard tissue procedures. Seems like it would be removal, CT graft, then bone aug at a later date. Interested in hearing some thoughts.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Failing mandibular anterior

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Extract broken tooth, if nearby teeth arent too mobile consider conventional bridge... Bone loss, mesiodistal space and knife edge ridge make an implant here very challenging. Imho. Good luck

Thank you! I agree.

Extraction and follow up. CTG for sure at time of extraction or after healing from extraction. Final tooth replacement either Resin Bonded Bridge or Bone graft and implant....Dr. Salama

Thank you for your input on this case. I will CT graft and bonded bridge. Thanks again.

DoWell Dental Products
Henry Schein