Extraction/GBR/SINUS LIFT

160 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Sinus Augmentation

A patient with infection on tooth 12 after a fracture came and I extracted the first mollar. One month later a GBR was done with FDBA and a collagen membrane covered by PRF.
6 months later a 5x11.5 implant was inserted. As we can see there is huge resorption on buccal and pallatal. Densah burs were used to oseodensify the zone and to lift the sinus thru the crestal entrance.
More FDBA was used in combination with the Densah burs to lift the membrane.
It is important to notice the great buccal resorption due to roots extraction and the size of the regenerated bone.
Commentaries are wellcome.
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Extraction/GBR/SINUS LIFT

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

Final pics

Impressive healing....thanks Mo

Thanks Mo.
See you soon!
Jorge

Jorge:

Solid Documentation. Thank you for sharing. What was your insertion torque. If it is above 45ncm, please try to restore in 6-8 weeks post placement. See you next week.

Salah

Hi Salah, torque was 45 Ncm. I used to wait double!
I´ll try at 8 weeks.
See you soon at Dentalxp!
Jorge

Jorge, very nice and clean execution. How do you find the specific ability of densah drill to lift the sinus? I believe it is a great innovation on this specific area as it is invaluable when lifting 3/4 mm. Your end result here is super. I agree with Salah about timing I guess we should go back to that and change habits according to the new possibility offered by Densah. Armando

Hi Armando , thanks for your kind words. I find that sinus lifting with the Densah Burs are very easy and..."natural" Becaus you break sinus floor with a propeller liquid that is "pushing" the Scheneiderian membrane upwards with the flow of the saline solution. Also with some autogenous bone. Once you do one, you get acustomed to procedure.
Really a nice advantage.
Regards
Jorge.

Jorge.Great job and explanation! The "Hydrodynamic wave" protocol as you describe especially differentiates the Densah lift from a traditional osteotome lift. You can perform both with Densah burs. It depends on your objectives and how you use them. The unique properties of these burs provide for much versatility. Thank you for sharing. See you soon!Chuck

DoWell Dental Products
Nobel Biocare