Exposed Subperiosteal Framework

106 Rating(s).

Posted on By R. Terry Councill In Failures

69 year old healthy female with exposed subperiosteal framework biaterally distally. Asymptomatic. CBCT appears to show osseous voids under the framework. The framework appears to be supported by 3 root form implants on the L side. One of these penetrates the nasal cavity. The root from implant on the R side is a sleeper. The hybrid denture is retained by locator abutments. She is presently on Periostat 20 mg BID as a precaution. I have no experience with subperiosteal prosthesis. What is appropriate treatment here? Thank you for your direction.

Maxillary Subperiosteal
Exposed framework R side

Exposed framework L side
CBCT _ Pan

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Exposed Subperiosteal Framework

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

L Side implants
CBCT of L side

Terry, I do not have much experience with these cases either but the key word you mentioned is "asymptomatic". I would observe and maintain. Treat when symptoms present. Only options would be remove entire prosthesis or section distal aspects that are exposed. Good luck. See you in Brazil my friend. Dr. S

Thank you. What do you think about the Periostat? Necessary? or Not? Brazil will be fun this year. Thanks for the invite!!!

BioHorizons
Hu-Friedy