Emax Veneers

22 Rating(s).

Posted on By Carlos Vélez In Ceramics/Veneers

Paciente de 35 años de edad a la que se le realizó ortodoncia correctiva por presentar oclusión borde a borde. Presentaba desgaste en dientes anteriores. Se le propone como tratamiento posterior a la ortodoncia veneers ceramicos en disilicato de litio (Emax) en dientes anteriores superiores.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Emax Veneers

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

Very nice case. How is color with EMax? Dr. S

Thank you Dr. Salama. I use B1 HT.

Excellent result, Carlos....you managed to keep the patient's identity but yet enhance the smile.

Thank you for your comments Dr. Goldstein.

Nice case. Thx for sharing. I´ve been using e.max from almost its beginning and what I have to say Maurice, is that it´s probably the most mimetic ceramic material I´ve ever used. Even if you fail to perfectly match the color it´ll look great! Sometimes you just don´t have the intra-oral photos effect given by feldspathics, but the smile effect is highly natural. Filipe Lopes.

Sadly, we have lowered our esthetic expectations in exchange for a reported increase in strength. Feldspathic veneers (true veneers) are the most beautiful restorations that we have. Emax can give very nice results but not even close to feldspathic.

Carlos and Filipe,
I think one of the reasons for my partner, Dr. Salama's question, was the 'greyness' we have seen from time to time with lithium disillicate. Have you not seen this?

The grayness is due to the wrong ingot being selected. Many times the high translucency ingot is almost gray.

Hu-Friedy
3Shape