do i really need 3 fillings?

105 Rating(s).

Posted on By mali In Patient/Consumer Inquiries

hello there, i would like some advice as to whether the pictures i have uploaded of my teeth indicate that i require fillings for all of these. there is one with medium-large sized cavity, another with a large dark shadowing on the back of my front incisor (that i have had for the best part 8 years, although now im told it needs to be filled despite appearing the same as it always was), another with a smaller cavity and two x-rays. i am told there is a slight darkening on one of my teeth in one of the x-rays in comparison to the healthy teeth it is surrounded by and this indicates a possible need for a filling. that specific darkening is in reference to the smaller cavity.

any information on this would be appreciated as my dentist of over 10 years has moved away to Australia and i'd like to be in the know as best as possible before committing my oral health to another.

thank you for your time :)

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on do i really need 3 fillings?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

The photos show either the presence of deep stain or decay and these teeth definitely need to be attended to in order to determine if they are decay…and if so, it will probably be deep since you have had these for many years. the reason you do not see a change in the outward appearance is because the way bacteria that cause decay work is within the dentin where they expand even into the pulp. So you can see a dentist who has air abrasion which is a jet spray of an abrasive which would remove any stain and if the black continues to show up it will be decay and the air abrasion can continue to remove it. Another choice would be a laser which cuts hard tooth structure or the basic choice of a dental drill…but do not neglect these areas any longer. I strongly suspect deep decay!!

The black spot present in the front incisor can be the plaque. Isn't it?

I strongly agree with Dr. Goldstein. Dr. Salama

NovaBone
Dentalxp