Digitally Guided Bone Augmentation

3 Rating(s).

Posted on By Naheed Mohamed In Bone Grafting

Its been a while since I've posted, been busy with a new baby and opening a new practice. I have expanded on the term guided surgery and taken it beyond just implant placement. Here are a few snapshots of a few cases showing guided bone block harvesting from the ramus and chin, a sinus window guide to work around a branch of the posterior superior alveolar artery, and a guide to precisely remove a embedded root tip in a minimally invasive way to preserve bone and allow immediate guided implant placement. All guides are preferably tooth borne for more accuracy and to alleviate concerns of segmentation errors. And lastly a digitally planned bone augmentation and 3D printed models to aid in the shaping of a titanium re-inforces ePTFE membrane. I have been working on using cad cam software and cbct software to digitally complete the entire surgery virtually and then use 3D printing to create guides and models to bring virtual to clinical reality. More to come in the future. Looking soon bringing augmented reality into the mix. Hope you enjoy :)

Regards, Naheed

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Digitally Guided Bone Augmentation

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

0 Comments

360 Imaging
DoWell Dental Products