A Device to Atraumatic Extraction

10 Rating(s).

Posted on By Sormani Queiroz In Armamentarium

A demonstration of a device to atraumatic extraction of dental roots manufactured by Maximus (Brazil).

Use of periotome.
A bur is used inside de root canal.

Extractor removing the root.
Final picture.
Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on A Device to Atraumatic Extraction

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

We have similar devices like EZ extract from ATitan (see it on this site) and Bendex from Meisenger and Salvin?
Yes, they work beautifully for single rooted teeth only.
regards
Dr. Salama

used it also in Brazil....NICE

I am a general practitioner do a lot of surgery on my patients and I place most of my own dental implants. I was fortunate when I did my military service to have the opportunity to do a great deal of extractions under the supervision of caring and very competent oral surgeons. Recently, I have bought a number of new instruments to do atraumatic extractions to preserve bone so I need to do less bone grafting for implants. However, I find that I do just about as much bone removal for teeth that have splayed or curved roots as before I started using the periotomes and Luxators. If I fracture off a root tip, I like to have good visibility by removing part of the buccal cortical plate, especially in the maxillary premolar and molar region. I really have found these devices to be much of a help.

Omnia
Salvin