Densah burs - Crestal Lift and Implant placement utilizing densah burs

99 Rating(s).

Posted on By Tye Thompson In Sinus Augmentation

5.4mm available bone height
Crestal approach with versah burs 50/50 cortical/cancerous allograft (steaky bone made from aprf/iprf) megagen anyridge 6 ×10 implant.

pre op 5.4mm height of bone
post op

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Densah burs - Crestal Lift and Implant placement utilizing densah burs

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Not much to say here, based on CBCT images you have achieved a great lift through crestal approach. Did you use any kits other than the densah burs to pack the bone graft apically? Nice work! Regards, Naheed

Naheed, thank you for the compliment. I did use a Bone scoop to carry the bone graft to the osteotomy site and then used the densah burs (in reverse) to propel the graft into the sinus.

Tye; Nice case. Can you provide a Step by Step idea of the burs, depth, RPM's, OD or Cut mode etc. etc. Great result. Dr. Salama

Thank you Dr. Salama!
Planning the case out I wanted 2mm bone around my planned implant (Ueli Grunder 2005) which i used to select proper implant size for the case.
Step 1: I initiated osteotomy pilot drill 1mm short of sinus floor using copious irrigation @900 rpm.
Step 2: Proceded to used 2.3mm Versah drill using densifying mode (reverse direction on implant motor) 900rpm using copious irrigation drilling to depth of sinus floor(5.4mm)using gentle pumping motion.
Step 3: Switched to 3.3 diameter bur, followed the same steps taking the bur 1mm deeper in densifying mode continuing gentle pumping motion.
Step 4: Moved to the 4.3 diameter bur going 2mm deeper than original depth in densifying mode continuing gentle pumping motion.
Step 5: I followed the same steps taking the bur 3mm deeper than original depth of 5.4mm (8.4mm) with the 5.3 bur in densifying mode.
Step 6: I then turned irrigation off and rpm to 200 placed 1cc 50/50 cort/canc graft mixed with iprf/aprf to make bone steak. Placed and packed graft with bone scoop/packer and propeled graft with 5.3 densah bur with motor in reverse.
Step 7: Placed implant with hand driver (ISQ 78 MD and BL)
Step 8: placed aprf clot and healing abutment. Sutured pt w/ ptfe sutures.

Hu-Friedy
BioHorizons