Delta Insurance, Radiographs and Early Periodontitis

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By Larry Burt In Periodontics

Hello,

This may not be the official place for this request, but I believe many of us can benefit from it. In short I am refuting the results of a Delta Insurance audit stating that "unless there is radiographic evidence of interproximal bone loss, then claims for scaling and root planing are disallowed" Through Google research and discussions with 2 periodontists, I have found scattered articles pointing out that initial bone loss cupped out is obscured by the buccal and lingual plates.

Here is my request of those more refined in the research field than myself. Will you please respond to this "case" simply with cites to the literature showing that early periodontitis can be obscured on radiographs. Of course I will appreciate it and hopefully others who are caught up in the insurance debacle will benefit also.

Thank you all in advance.
Larry Burt

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Delta Insurance, Radiographs and Early Periodontitis

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

0 Comments

Related Posts

49 Rating(s)

PET Kit
3Shape