CYST RELATED TO WISDOM TOOTH

105 Rating(s).

Posted on By William Escobar In Bone Grafting

Dear friends from Dental Xp,

I usually do not see much cases here related to oral surgery itself.
That´s why I would like to share for first time one of my cases, in for me, the best website with Oral Surgery Tube related with dental surgery.

I would like to know your opinion about how to handle such a cyst as the one I present here. Most people would remove it by taking all the bone from the buccal plate and placing some Bio Oss inside.

However, with microplates , the bone regenerates by itself , you can be able to avoid removing any bone and you don´t take the risk of placing Bio Oss near the IAN , which can create hyperesthesia and big pain,

The microplates placed are from KLS MARTIN (Osteoplac, Spain)

Hope you like, all the best,

Guill

OPG
CBCT

CBCT
CBCT

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on CYST RELATED TO WISDOM TOOTH

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

12 Comments

Great approach and very nice execution.
It would be nice to make this technique a standard approach.
I utilize this technique for the same indication, for the retained tooth removal and explantations if it´s not possible to take them out with the explantation kit http://forum.dentalxp.com/case/details/retained-teeth-removal-using-khoury-tec/5395
Thank you for sharing!
Best regards
Snjezana

Dear Snjezana, thanks very much for your kind words. You are fully right, in fact I use this technique fornearly all the cysts I remove so that I can be able to preserve all the present bone. I´ve seen your case, outstanding,that´s the idea, to preserve all the bone using Khoury´s approach. Have nice Sunday, all the best

Very nice treatment, what did you use to make the osteotomies?

Dear Jerome, Thanks very much. I used the Micro Saw kit from Dentsply as if It was a bone graft technique

William; So well executed and creative. Minimally invasive approach. The molar was vital I suppose? What was the histology report of the cyst? Thanks for sharing. Dr. Salama

Dear Dr Salama, thanks for your kind words. For me this technique is the first option whenever treating a cyst like this. Result from pathologist is dentigerous cyst, I will post the result of the bone regeneration in some months time. Now that I have the opportunity, it´s years since I am Dental Xp member, thanks very much for this wonderfull site, it´s amazing. All the best William

Henry Schein
Ritter