Customized 3D Printed Sub-periosteal Implant Therapy

113 Rating(s).

Posted on By Vladimir García Lozada In Full Arch & Dentures

This is a patient with atrophic maxilla 65 years old requesting the possibility to have fixed teeth. The chosen procedure in this case was to perform the Customized 3D Printed Implant with immediate load as a reconstructive modality in the field of workflow digital virtual planning design for patients with atrophic maxilla as the option treatment.
Glad to share with you
Thank you
Best regards
Vladimir

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Customized 3D Printed Sub-periosteal Implant Therapy

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

7 Comments

Great option and a new 3D hi-tech version of the old sub-periosteal implants placed back in the 60's. What technologies were uses? Software for planning? What materials was the printing? Was it fixed to bone with screws or only through intimate fit? What was the material for the final? What prosthesis and materials were used (Acrylic over denture or Zirconium)?
Very interesting post. Thanks for sharing. Dr. Salama

Thank you!!
For the case we used DICOM CTscan Mimics medical, with Materialise
Software and 3matic program. The material printing is titanium, fixed with osteosynthesis screws, immediate loading with multiunit abutments and fixed hybrid acrylic prosthesis.
Look forward to sharing future post.
Kind regards
Vladimir

Vlad

Nice work very interesting concept few questions you said this is printed metal ? Coated surface? and what was your basis for utilizing this technology as far as atrophy of the maxilla and the implants on this frame do they screw into the Alveolus? or are they just sitting on this ? bar what type of connection is ? Did you cover the metal with any platelet rich fibrin or any biomaterial ?

Cheers

Richard

Thank you Richard and good questions!!
In fact it's a customized 3D Printed titanium implant jaw, i selected this modality of treatment because the great workflow digital design planning gives, avoiding graft reconstruction of all maxilla and possibility to perform immediate loading. The screws are fixed in the zygomatic bone, palatal and labial bone, external hexagonal connection to fix multiunit abutment to perform a fix hybrid acrylic prosthesis and coated surface of the frame with stickybone and PRF membranes.

Cheers

Vladimir

Great job planning and big effort on the surgical part.
I'd like to be wrong, but something makes me think that it will follow the fate of "old good" sub-periosteal implants, not to mention the invasive impact of this type of procedure.
I also wonder if any studies had been done for biocompatibilty of the sintered titanium. What is the composition of this alloy?

In the '80s we coated subs with sprayed hydroxyapatite applied by Calcitek Co. These did well on mandible but still failed on maxillae.
Asami Tanaka did some titanium castings around this time. I don't know his results.

Good job. I like your 3D printed implants therapy.Which type of material is used ? I also thought about printed implant therapy but i was worried. Can you give more idea about this. I am dentist in australia and i also want to treat this 3D Treatment to patients.

Thanks

3Shape
Dentalxp