Crown Lengthening for "Gummy Smile"

132 Rating(s).


Posted on By Maurice Salama In Anterior/Esthetic

Crown Lengthening for "Gummy Smile" performed with external Radiosurgery submarginal GV and internal sulcualr Piezosurgery bone reduction crown lengthening. 3 months post op. Thoughts? An increible service to this patient esthetically. Dr. Salama

Preop Smile
Preop clinical short teeth

Guided GV
CL & CO2 Laser Frenectomy


Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Crown Lengthening for "Gummy Smile"


Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

12 Comments

Lateral views before & after.

preop side view
post op side view


Reply

3 months

Healing Smile
3 months


Reply

Surgical crown lengthening is my favorite procedure mostly because patients are instantly happy. They were happy immediately after surgery with gingiva still bleading and sutures. And this minimally invasive approach of you is a game changer, wonderful. How is your experience with laser for osseous surgery? Do you decide based on CBCT and bone thickness if osseous surgery can be done flapless? If the marginal bone is thick would you still perform internal sulcular piezosurgery?
Thank you for sharing this beautiful case and great approach.
See you soon
Snjezana


Reply

Snjezana, GREAT question as always. We MUST evaluate the CBCT and Bone Thickness for these cases. Luckily, in most ANTERIOR cases, we know the literature suggests 80% have THIN Labial Bone < 1mm, BUT for the other 20% when Bone Thicker than 1mm, I would suggest and OPEN Flap approach and conventional osseous recontouring. As for Laser use for osseous, I have tried them and do not believe they work well enough. Regards Maurice


Reply

Crown Lengthening is a interesting treatment because it gave a beautiful smile to people who are suffering with Gummy Smile.
Sometimes like gum recession causes the tooth root to become exposed, which makes your teeth look long and can make you look older than you are and then Crown lengthening is treatment to sort out this problem.

Before
After


Reply

Mo,
Did you use the "Piezosmile" tip?


Reply

No, I did not. There are a few new tips that all seem to work well. Just move quickly. Regards Mo


Reply

This is case Closed Piezo EL reported here. Case has been stable at 6 years.

Piezo Closed Esthetic Lengthening
Edit | | Delete
48 Rating(s).You Rated:

Posted on 10.07.2012 09:39 PM By Paul Kozy DDS (Follow) In Anterior/Esthetic
Piezo surgical instrumentation is used to esthetically lengthen upper four incisors without the traditional open flap.


Play Video

Follow this post
1062 Views

6 Years Post-op.


Reply

Before "Closed Piezo EL".


Reply

Huge change....


Reply

Sometimes gum recession causes the tooth root to become exposed, which makes your teeth look long and can make you look older than you are. This recession can happen as a result of a variety of causes, including periodontal diseases.



Reply

A gummy smile is a condition where the gums cover much of the teeth and that's why making the teeth look short. Many people spend thousands of dollars and years of time with restoration procedures and are still unhappy with their smiles.
Uneven gums and longer, over-bearing gums can take away from your smile regardless of how straight and white they may be. If you are not satisfied with your gummy smile then Advanced Cosmetic & Family Dentistry will help you.Crown lengthening procedure is the best and easiest solutions to give you the smile you want.


Reply


Ritter
Nobel Biocare