Crestal approach sinus elevation

1 Rating(s).

Posted on By narayan tv In Implants

50 year old female with edentulous areas in the 15, 25,26 (FDI) positions, no relevant medical history. Bilateral crestal approach sinus elevation carried out in July 2012, implants loaded in March 2013. The elegance of the reamer technique scores way over the osteotome technique in its simplicity, patient acceptance and most importantly by predictably allowing engagement of the sinus floor by the implant, considerably increasing primary stability

Pre-op OPG
Intra op radiograph Left

ImmediatePost op Left
Intra -op and immediate post op right

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Crestal approach sinus elevation

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

Really nice case TV narayana, Dr.Raghu

Thank you Dr. Raghu

Well done and nice result. Can you please describe how you locate the floor of the sinus? In addition, what is the minimal height and width of crestal bone required to use this instrumentation. Thank you for sharing. Chuck

Thank you Dr. Schwimer,
I had a CBCT, but couldn't post any more images. The reamers come in 4 diameters 2.4,2.8,3.2&3.6, which correspond approximately to the apical diameters of 4,4.5,5 and 6 mm dia tapered implants. Also there are drill stops starting from2 mm. So technically, this can be used in min 7mm width/length and min 3mm subantral height. I have used it in cases with 4 mm height
Narayan

Neat Job Narayan, i second your comment, but will it work near septum areas, whats your opinion, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ashok
It works perfectly well on septae and sloped sinus floors.You can actually engage the septum with the c reamer and subsequently the implant

Will you please elaborate on reamer technique, the instrument kit along with its photographs, the company that makes it? which implants are these?
Thanx.

Sourabh, the kit is the Neo biotech SCA kit and these implants are Neobiotech CMI IS II implants. Unfortunately I cannot upload anymore photographs but you could see the kit on the DentalXP site, as well as Neobiotech's site

NovaBone
BTI